Environmental Geology is a multidisciplinary field of applied sciences, closely related to Applied Geology.
The technician dealing with the depollution of environmental matrices is an established professional figure. The remediation of contaminated sites and the protection of water resources are among the main problems in our country. The disposal of solid urban and industrial waste is now a subject of primary interest for the community and businesses, which are experiencing a period characterised by both the consolidation of theoretical and applicative knowledge and the development of new technologies with the massive involvement of geology and hydrogeology.
The specialist in Environmental Geology, in addition to the possibility of practising as a freelance professional, will be able to work in public bodies and local and national private companies. Even international organisations operating in developing countries often require figures with this type of preparation.
The constant emergencies linked to problems of industrial pollution and urban waste disposal suggest an increase in employment opportunities in both the public and private sectors.
- Cost: 4500€
- Deadline: 11/12/2020
- Total teaching hours: 472
- CFUs: 61
- Curricular internship hours: 300
- Period of performance: January 2021 – January 2022
- Responsible teacher: Conti Paolo
Who it is for
- Those who want to acquire professional and operational skills in the field of Environmental Geology;
- Those who want to develop and create a sector of environmental geology within the company/professional studio in which they already work;
- To those who carry out, or want to carry out, management roles within Public Administrations (Local Authorities, Chambers of Commerce, Public Agencies, Consortia, Public Companies, Presidential Institutes, Independent Authorities, Central Administrations).
Areas of work
- ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION AND RISK ANALISIS, DEL FRATE ANDREA
- BIOREMEDIATION CONTAMINATED SITES AND ECOSYSTEMS, BRIGNOLI PIERLORENZO
- THEMATIC CARTOGRAPHY FOR ENVIRONMENTAL DATA MANAGEMENT, PIRRO ALTAIR
- MINERALOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL GEOCHEMISTRY, LATTANZI PIERFRANCO
- ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATION, DE GREGORIO MARZIA
- DESIGN 2D AUTOCAD, MARTINELLI LORENZO
- DESIGN AND SUBSIDIARIES LANDFILL MANAGEMENT, VEGGI STEFANO
- EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE AND GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE, RICCI CARLO ALBERTO
- ENVIRONMENTAL GEOSTATISTICS, GUASTALDI ENRICO
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING, ANDRIGHETTO ROBERTO
- SAMPLING OF ENVIRONMENTAL MATRIX, BECATTI ALESSANDRO
- HYDROGEOLOGICAL MODELLING, BERETTA GIOVANNI PIETRO
For more information about the specialization courses check out “Offerta Formativa” in the Italian page of the Master here.