The Emilia-Romagna, Marche, Tuscany and Umbria Regions have been working closely together since the 1990s on the production of Geological Cartography, proposing, also within the national CARG project, original developments and technical solutions for the survey, conservation and dissemination of geological data. This commitment has been realised by making available for the entire territory of the four regions the geological cartography, mostly computerised, at a detailed scale (1:10,000) and some web and print services have been made available. On 25 May 2012 a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the four Regions aimed at pursuing a close collaboration in the field of acquisition, preservation and dissemination of geological and geotematic information and in particular aimed at carrying out the following activities:
– Implementation of an interoperable and integrated geological information base starting from the data of the four regions;
– Design and implementation of shared geotematics;
– Launch and design of INSPIRE services for the dissemination and documentation of geological and geotematic data.
In order to carry out the above mentioned activities, in December 2013 the four Regions entrusted the Centro di GeoTecnologie of the University of Siena with the realization of a Geological Map of the border area between the regions of Tuscany and Umbria, aimed at the homogenization of the Plio-Quaternary Deposits along the regional border. After one year, in December 2014, all the activities foreseen by the assignment were concluded and a series of documents were produced.
The following documents are freely available on this page:
– Una Relazione sintetica che illustra il lavoro svolto [PDF];
– La Legenda Geologica lungo il confine regionale Toscana-Umbria [PDF];
– La Carta Geologica lungo il confine regionale Toscana-Umbria:
– Allestimento per la stampa dell’intera area a scala 1:75.000, senza base topografica [PDF];
– Allestimento per la stampa dell’intera area a scala 1:75.000, senza coperture quaternarie, senza base topografica [PDF];
– Una stampa di una sezione a scala 1:10.000, con base topografica CTR regionale [PDF];
– Una stampa di una sezione a scala 1:10.000, con base topografica CTR regionale, senza coperture quaternarie [PDF];
– Legenda a colori [PDF];